2021 Nomination for Municipal Mayor and Councillor
Nominations for Municipal Councillor and Mayor will be accepted at the Municipal Office (8502 19 Avenue in Coleman) from January 4, 2021 until 12:00 pm on Nomination Day - September 20, 2021. Offices are available for Mayor (1), and Councillor (6) for a four-year term from 2021-2025.
Form 4 Nomination Paper And Candidates Acceptance
Running for Office in Alberta during the COVID-19 pandemic - A Guide for Candidates
Information for Voters
Monday, October 18
Voters will elect Six (6) Councillors and One (1) Mayor.
- Subdivision A: All electors from Coleman at 90th street west to the west municipal boundary on both the north and south of highway 3. Voting Station: Crowsnest Sports Complex, Curling Club Lounge (main floor) 8702-22nd Avenue Coleman
- Subdivision B: All electors from Blairmore and Frank -90th Street east to 153rd Street- North and South of Highway #3. Voting Station: Elks Hall, 2025-129 Street, Blairmore
- Subdivision C: All electors from Bellevue and Hillcrest – 5th Avenue east to the Municipal boundary. Voting Station: MDM Community Centre (gymnasium), 2802-222 Street, Bellevue
You are eligible to vote in this election pursuant to the Local Authorities Elections Act if you:
- are at least 18 years old,
- are a Canadian citizen, and
- reside in Alberta and your place of residence is located in the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass on election day.
Voters will be asked to show government issued identification at the polling station that shows the elector’s photograph, current address and name. If you are unable to produce government issued ID you must produce two pieces of ID from the Voter ID Requirements listed below.