How to File a General Municipal Complaint
How to File a Municipal Complaint
The Municipality is always looking for ways to identify opportunities to improve our services. If you have a complaint about one of our services, the process is as follows:
The majority of issues can be dealt with informally. Our staff would like the opportunity to attempt to resolve your concern or address your issue before it becomes a formal complaint at the department level:
- Please contact the applicable department by phone, email or letter with your name, contact information and a description of the issue or concern.
- The department will respond to you directly.
Step 2 (if unresolved at Step 1)
If your issue can not be resolved at the department level, you may proceed to file a formal complaint.
- Formal complaints must be submitted on the Municipal Complaint Form. All complaints must be dated and signed by an identifiable individual.
- Resolution: a) Complaints about an Employee will be transferred to the Manager of Corporate Services and the applicable Management Supervisor for resolution; b) Complaints about a service level or business process will be transferred to the applicable Department Head.
- A decision will be provided to the Complainant in writing following an investigation.