How to File a Municipal Complaint

How to File a Municipal Complaint

The Municipality is always looking for ways to identify opportunities to improve our services.  If you have a complaint about one of our services, the process is as follows:    

Informal Complaint

The majority of issues can be dealt with informally.  Our staff would like the opportunity to attempt to resolve your concern or address your issue before it becomes a formal complaint at the department level: 

  1. Please contact the applicable department by phone, email or letter with your name, contact information and a description of the issue or concern.
  2. The department will respond to you directly.

Formal Complaint

If your issue can not be resolved at the department level, you may proceed to file a formal complaint. 

  1. Formal complaints must be submitted on the Municipal Complaint Form. All complaints must be dated and signed by an identifiable individual.
  2. Resolution: a) Complaints about an Employee will be transferred to the Manager of Corporate Services and the applicable Management Supervisor for resolution; b) Complaints about a service level or business process will be transferred to the applicable Department Head.
  3. A decision will be provided to the Complainant in writing following an investigation.