Effective April 1, 2018 RIDECrowsnest bus service will operate 2 days per week.
Council wishes to provide information regarding the decision to reduce the service level of RIDECrowsnest.
Please note that Municipal Council values all residents of the Municipality. The decision to reduce the bus service to two days per week is a fiscal decision of Council and a responsible utilization of your tax dollars.
- The annual operating deficit of the Ride Crowsnest is approximately $100,000.
- The 2016 official population of the Crowsnest Pass is 5,589 people
- The individual utilization of the bus service was 142 people in 2017
- This means 2.5% of the residents are utilizing the bus service
- The average usage per day from March 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017 = 5 to 8 (.09% -.14%) individuals
- The average usage per day from January 1 – January 31, 2018 = 9 (.16%) individuals
- The average usage per day from February 1 – February 28, 2018 = 8 (.14%) individuals
RIDECrowsnest Operational days beginning April 1, 2018 will be determined by the Municipality and communicated with residents as soon as those days are identified.