Due to the ever changing restrictions, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx for up-to-date information.
Stage 3 now in effect
Mask use in public indoor settings is no longer required except for some specific situations:
- working in or visiting any continuing care facility, as well as any facility operated by AHS, Covenant or their contracted service providers
- using public transit, including ride share vehicles, taxis, motor coaches and shuttles
Note: Municipalities and businesses are free to set masking requirements as they see fit. For example, businesses may require staff and/or customers to wear masks inside their place of business.
While masking is no longer required in most situations, it is important to support those who may wish to continue wearing masks while adjusting to Stage 3.
Learn more about masking, including how to wear and care for your mask.
Isolation and Quarantine Requirements
Alberta’s requirements for isolation (if you have symptoms) and quarantine (if you have been exposed to COVID-19 through a close contact) remain in place.
For more information, see isolation and quarantine requirements.
Provincial quarantine rules for returning international travellers have been lifted, but federal requirements remain in place.
For more information, see COVID-19 travel requirements.
Health Care and Congregate Settings
Alberta’s move to Stage 3 does not change requirements in the existing public health orders for licensed supportive living, long-term care and hospice settings. Stage 3 will impact activities off-site, but existing on-site restrictions will remain in place at this time.
For more information on current restrictions in these settings, see protecting residents at congregate care facilities.
All other public health measures have been lifted. This includes all restrictions on:
- social gatherings – there are no longer capacity limits on either indoor or outdoor gatherings
- recreation, performance and entertainment activities
- business closures and capacity restrictions
- large events, including concerts, sporting events, exhibitions and festivals